This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed overview of the slow U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam & the end of the long war (1969-1975). It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 23 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* President Richard Nixon & National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger pursue "peace with honor."
* The Paris Peace Talks & Nixon's vietnamization policy.
* Nixon expands the war; Cambodia & Laos invaded.
* Antiwar protests increase; the Kent State & Jackson State shootings.
* The Pentagon Papers leads to more questions; Congress responds to the widening war (War Powers Resolution).
* American involvement comes to an end (Nixon declares peace is at hand; The Christmas Bombings; the Paris Peace Accords ends the U.S. war in Vietnam).
* American Vietnam war veterans & prisoners of war (POW's) return home.
The war in Vietnam comes to an end: the fall of Saigon.
* The aftermath of the war in Southeast Asia.
* The aftermath & legacy of the war in the United States.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.