This presentation provides students a visually stimulating lesson detailing the Progressives on the National Stage in the United States in the early 1900's. Specifically, actions of the three progressive presidents of the era (Roosevelt, Taft, & Wilson) are highlighted. Designed as a student-centered activity to be uploaded into google classroom, the presentation includes 10 embedded focus questions for students to answer using their core text (and additional information presented in the slides). The 17 slide activity is filled with colorful pictures, maps, charts, and other relevant information that will serve as a platform in which to build additional related activities. This lesson is also great to use when you are out of the classroom, serving as an awesome resource for sub days! If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy!
* Overview of Theodore Roosevelt & the Square Deal.
* William Howard Taft; the election of 1912; Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: trustbusting.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting consumers.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting workers.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting the environment.
* Reforming the banking system: The Federal Reserve Act of 1913.
* Reforming taxes & tariffs: the 16th Amendment.
* Reforming the election of U.S. Senators (17th Amendment), & the passage of Prohibition (18th Amendment) & Women's Suffrage (19th Amendment).
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.