This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of Progressives on the National Stage in the United States in the early 1900's. Specifically, actions of the three progressive presidents of the era (Roosevelt, Taft, & Wilson) are highlighted. It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 18 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, charts, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* Overview of Theodore Roosevelt & the Square Deal.
* William Howard Taft; the election of 1912; Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: trustbusting.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting consumers.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting workers.
* Addressing the effects of industrialization: protecting the environment.
* Reforming the banking system: The Federal Reserve Act of 1913.
* Reforming taxes & tariffs: the 16th Amendment.
* Reforming the election of U.S. Senators (17th Amendment), & the passage of Prohibition (18th Amendment) & Women's Suffrage (19th Amendment).
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.