This presentation provides students a visually stimulating lesson detailing the legacy of the Reagan Revolution (1980-1988), & the shift to the right it represented in American politics & society. Designed as a student-centered activity to be uploaded into google classroom, the presentation includes 10 embedded focus questions for students to answer using their core text (and additional information presented in the slides). The 23 slide activity is filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this important era in modern American history. This lesson is also great to use when you are out of the classroom, serving as an awesome resource for sub days! If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy!
* Evangelical Christians, the Moral Majority, & other groups that formed the New Right in the late 1970's/ early 1980's.
* Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, & the 1980 presidential election.
* Reagan's economic policies: supply-side economics or "trickle-down" economics, some of the results of these policies (who benefited & who didn't), deregulation, & the rising national debt.
* AIDS epidemic dominates the headlines throughout the 1980's.
* The Reagan administration's stance on civil rights & the escalating social tensions that erupted in the Rodney King riots (1992).
* Reagan's stance on immigration & the passage of the Immigration Reform & Control Act (1986).
* The 1988 presidential election & the presidency of George H.W. Bush.
* An overview of pop culture in the 1980's (music, sports, movies, TV).
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.