This presentation provides students a visually stimulating lesson detailing the origins and escalation of the Cold War. Designed as a student-centered activity to be uploaded into google classroom, the presentation includes 8 embedded focus questions for students to answer using their core text (and additional information presented in the slides). The 18 slide activity is filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information that will serve as a platform in which to build additional related activities. This lesson is also great to use when you are out of the classroom, serving as an awesome resource for sub days! If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy!
* The decisions made at the Yalta Conference, and the creation of the United Nations.
* The Potsdam Conference: new leadership, the bomb, and the beginnings of division between World War II allies.
* An analysis of conflicting postwar goals between the United States and Soviet Union.
* The U.S. develops Containment Policy in response to Soviet influence in eastern Europe.
* The importance and influence of Winston Churchill's Iron Curtain Speech.
* Postwar problems emerge in Greece & Turkey; President Truman responds with the Truman Doctrine.
* The impact of the Marshall Plan and the Soviet Response.
*Origins of the Cold War: A summary.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.