This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of the Rise & Fall of Richard Nixon. It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 25 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of American history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* Brief background of Richard Nixon's early life/ road to the White House.
* The 1968 presidential election.
* Nixon's domestic agenda - New Federalism; struggling with stagflation; the 1973 oil embargo.
* Nixon's foreign policy - The role of Henry Kissinger; seeking detente with China & the Soviet Union; Nixon's historic visits to China & the Soviet Union.
* A detailed account of the Watergate Scandal, the constitutional crisis that followed, & Nixon's eventual resignation from office.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.