This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of the United States Acquiring & Managing a World Power in the early 1900's. It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 21 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, charts, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* Theodore Roosevelt expands U.S. involvement abroad; Roosevelt's "big stick" diplomacy; the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine; TR on the world stage.
* William Howard Taft's "dollar diplomacy."
* Woodrow Wilson's "moral diplomacy."
* The U.S. encourages revolt in Panama; the building of the Panama Canal.
* The U.S. nearly goes to war with Mexico during Woodrow Wilson's presidency.
* Puerto Rico remains a U.S. possession after the Spanish-American War; the Jones act & it's impact.
* The Philippines fight for independence against U.S. control; the Philippines remains in American control for decades.
* American businesses become involved in Hawaii; U.S. troops help overthrow the Hawaiian monarch; the U.S. annexes the Hawaiian islands.
* U.S. interest in China & the Open Door Policy.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.