This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of the remarkable renaissance that transformed Europe & marked the transition between medieval & early modern times (1300-1600). It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 25 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of world history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* The origins and meaning of the renaissance, & why it first emerged in Italy.
* A description of the intellectual movement known as humanism, & why it served at the heart of renaissance thought.
* Why the Italian city-state of Florence emerged as the symbol of the Italian Renaissance, & the role of the Medici family.
* An explanation of how new techniques & talent led to an explosion of creative art during the Italian Renaissance; summaries of the great works completed by the towering figures of Italian Renaissance art (Leonardo da Vince, Michelangelo, & Raphael).
* How new books reflected Renaissance themes (Dante, Castiglione, & Machiavelli).
* A summary of the main artistic achievements made during the northern Renaissance (Jan van Eyck, Pieter Bruegel, Albrecht Durer).
* An examination of the main northern humanists & writers (Erasmus, Sir Thomas More, Francois Rabelais, & William Shakespeare).
* Johannes Gutenberg, the printing press, and the impact of the printing revolution.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.