This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed review of the Problems Exposed in the United States around the turn of the 20th century. It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 23 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, charts, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* The many changes that took place in the United States by around 1900, including immigration, urbanization, and the effects of industrialization.
* Poor living conditions in city slums, problems in the workplace, and unsafe products (such as the awful conditions in meat plants) exposed in this era.
* Problems with the environment due to industrialization by the turn of the century, the effects of extractive industries, & how water & air pollution was impacting peoples lives.
* The politics of fraud & bribery: the political machine & the boss.
* Political corruption at the local, state, & national levels of American politics in this era.
* Social tensions that emerged in this era (such as the growing wealth gap, life for African Americans in the age of Jim Crow, the changing role of women, & challenges for American families).
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.