This visually stimulating presentation provides a detailed account of the key people, events, and themes detailing the Allied victory over Germany in World War II. It can be used by instructor as tool to facilitate class discussion (and notes), or uploaded into google classroom for independent student use. The 21 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help!
* The state of the war in Europe in 1944.
* The organization, planning, and launching of the D-Day invasion of Normandy (June 6, 1944).
* Allied troops break-out of Normandy and begin to roll across France; The liberation of Paris (August 25, 1944), and the Allied push towards Germany on all fronts.
* The Battle of the Bulge ends in German defeat; the race for Berlin begins.
* The Yalta Conference and the critical decisions made their.
* The passing of President Roosevelt (April 12, 1945)
* The final days of the war in Europe; V-E Day (May 8, 1945)
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.