This visually stimulating presentation provides a thorough account of the first few years of the war in Europe during World War II. The German conquest of Poland and Western Europe, the Battle of Britain, the Battle of North Africa, the German invasion of the Soviet Union, and other key events are all detailed. . The 24 slide presentation is filled with colorful pictures, maps, and other relevant information that will breathe life into this fascinating era of history while providing a platform in which to build additional related activities. If you'd like a version you can edit, shoot me an email and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy!
* World War II begins: the German invasion of Poland (blitzkrieg explained).
* The German attack of Western Europe, the Miracle of Dunkirk, and the fall of France.
* The emergence of Winston Churchill, the Battle of Britain, and the London Blitz.
* Mussolini joins the war; gets bold in North Africa. Erwin Rommel and the Afrika Corps help the flailing Italians fight the British in North Africa.
* The Werman war machine turns east; secretly plans the invasion of the Soviet Union (Operation Barbarossa).
* The German campaign in the Balkans in preparation for Barbarossa.
* Blitzkrieg in the East: the German invasion of the Soviet Union (June 22, 1941).
* The beginning of the Siege of Leningrad.
* The German army at the gates of Moscow as winter descended across the Russian landscape.
* Lesson learning target on the bottom of every slide.